|Employment Type:||Full Time|
Manages accounting department, responsible for month end close & reporting. Manages key Company cost reduction projects and analyzes profitability of commercial sales opportunities.
1. Month end accounting close and reporting financial results through Hyperion to GKN Corporate.
2. Review & verification of GAAP control requirements including reconciliation of all accounts.
3. Project manager of cross functional Profit Improvement Team (PIT) tasked with marshalling Company resources to achieve purchasing / VA VE savings.
4. Provide financial, commercial, and new project analysis support for operations in Dayton, Ohio.
5. Development of standard costing systems to enhance accuracy of financial controls over operational variances and profitability analysis of commercial sales opportunities.
6. Assumption of site leadership responsibilities.
7. Implementation of ERP system.
8. Maximize working capital balances through management of credit & collections and accounts payable activities.
9. Prepare year end annual accounts, periodic tax packs, and any other GKN reporting requirements.
10. Prepare budget & forecast schedules.
11. Support external PwC year end audit and internal GKN audit requirements.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
B.S. degree in Finance / Accounting and five years of related experience in a manufacturing environment including site leadership responsibility. Preferred experience with customer relationships and strategy development. MUST have some operations experience.
Ability to read and analyze financial reports / information. Ability to write reports, business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information to internal and external groups.
Advanced arithmetic skills including percentages, tables, ratio, and bar graphs.
Strong problem solving skills including capacity to apply reasoning and abstract analysis.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Competent in computer software such as Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. Familiar with MRP/ERP systems.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, sit, and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus. Occasional airline travel over extended period of time to international destinations.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in this environment is usually moderate.
The work environment for this position is that of a normal office and shop environment.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.