1. Facilitate and assist as necessary with the development, implementation and refinement of a comprehensive Quality Management System (QMS) that incorporates the Policies, Procedures, Work Instructions and Forms that are necessary to remain compliant to the ISO9001:2008 or other applicable international Quality standard. Act as the recognized Management Representative during 3rd party and customer audits.
2. Conduct or support the inspection and audit requirements as defined in the APQP and PPAP processes. Performs or guides the inspection of products in the In-coming, In-process, Final and Safe launch areas as needed.
3. Perform dimensional analysis as required. Develops inspection lab as necessary.
4. Address internal and external concerns, assure proper containment of suspect materials, support the root cause and corrective action process, and validate those actions when directed.
5. Perform and guide internal audits.
6. Identify, define and procure new or required gauging as identified in the PPAP process.
7. Perform or guide product sorting and certification processes as needed, including on-site at the customer when required.
8. Support the Operations department and integrate quality where applicable.
9. Support the organization where needed with the training and awareness requirements associated with any of the above.
10. Monitor relevant business and performance metrics, collect and analyze relevant data, and implement continuous improvement actions where applicable.
11. Progressively implement and maintain a document and records control system which assures that the relevant recognized master documents are controlled, made available where necessary, stored and purged when obsoleted.
12. Identifies common safety/health and environmental hazards inherent in the organizationís operations, and establishes guidelines for protection from those hazards.
13. Leads response teams for critical/serious incidents
14. Reviews new products, equipment, and processes for potential hazards and recommends modification prior to introduction.
15. Manages health/safety and environmental committees.
16. Compiles reports required by enforcing authorities, group and the business.
17. Audits safety/health and environmental programs for compliance with government, group and business standards.
18. Other Quality or Health and Safety duties as assigned
Qualification requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Extensive working knowledge of the ISO9001:2008 International Quality standard or comparable.
2. Certified Internal or Lead Auditor preferred.
3. Ability to generate, modify and maintain the documents associated with the QMS. Extensive applied knowledge of MS Word and Excel a plus.
4. Significant working knowledge of dimensional layout techniques, including hand-tools and CMM applications.
5. Working knowledge of blueprints, GD&T, and other design specifications.
6. Extensive applied knowledge of root cause and problem solving methods.
7. Ability to collect and analyze data, and summarize in an informative report format.
8. Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
9. Inspect, Sort or Certify product as needed to assure compliance and availability of product. This may include the need to visit customer facilities to support a non-conforming event.
10. Knowledge of current environmental and safety regulations.
Preferred Education and/or Experience:
Bachelors degree in Quality Assurance or a related field such as Mechanical Engineering or equivalent from a four year college or technical school; or five (5) + years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
OSHA 30 hour certificate preferred, but not required.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information in written and oral form using various methods.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute percentages, PPM and other metrics, and to display results through various graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or schedule form.
Other Skills and Abilities:
1. Ability to effectively generate and communicate with visual aids that bridge existing language barriers.
2. Applied knowledge of basic hand and power tools.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk, and hear.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in this environment is usually moderate.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.